In light of the government’s push for private sector growth through the encouragement of start-ups, there is more awareness than ever of the need for new businesses to draw on every resource available to bolster enterprise.
In light of the government’s push for private sector growth through the encouragement of start-ups, there is more awareness than ever of the need for new and growing businesses to draw on every resource available to bolster enterprise.
Even when taking into account the recession, which has hampered many businesses in launching and growing, few new ventures succeed. The fact remains that four out of five start-ups fail, a harsh reality Chancellor George Osborne highlighted in the 2011 Budget.
With this statistic in mind, SmallBusiness StartUp Britain offers a comprehensive resource to new and growing businesses, covering the most pressing concerns for companies. Personal insights, tips and advice can be found on topics including how to secure financing, ramp up sales and marketing, and recruit the right people.
Instead of offering small discounts and fancy marketing, SmallBusiness StartUp Britain speaks directly with the business people themselves to find out their own strategies and business plans to achieve success.
SmallBusiness StartUp Britain covers essential financing issues from funding your business to managing cash flow.
* All you need to know about getting funding as a start-up can be found here along with latest guides & tips on government grants.
* Realise the qualities banks are looking for in businesses pitching for investment.
* Read about how your business can go about obtaining finance from a business angel.
* Discover how working from home can turn out to be highly tax-efficient.
Read our useful advice on taking the revenue-boosting measures to get your business off the ground.
* Struggling with your marketing plan? Use our extensive resources here.
* Read first-hand accounts of top sales procedures from successful businesses.
* Learn about the importance of branding and how to protect your company's identity.
* Discover the steps to take when considering expansion into foreign markets.
Our technology section can help your company get the right IT in place for all functions.
* You can find everything you need for building your website here.
* What can your business learn from larger organisations about social networking?
* Discover the essential IT that will help your business get organised.
* Learn how your company can stay ahead of cybercrime.
Discover our top tips for taking on and retaining recruits.
These sections are just a snapshot of what is offered through SmallBusiness StartUp Britain, the ultimate resource to get your business off the ground.
See also: Microsoft enhances Startup Center