(c) Vitesse Media plc 2005 Vitesse Media plc is the company behind smallbusiness.co.uk, businessGO, Small Business Offers, Franchise Offers and the FT Small Business Guide.
SmallBusiness.co.uk is owned and published by Vitesse Media Plc, an AIM listed publishing house. Whilst we've made every effort to ensure the information and details on the site and in our newsletters are correct, we do not and cannot guarantee that it is and we therefore exclude any liability up to the maximum amount that the law allows.
We therefore regret that we can't be responsible for any loss you may suffer as a result of any omission or inaccuracy. Also, please note that the entries displayed on the site are in no way a specific endorsement of companies, products or services. Vitesse Media does not accept any liability for the content of external websites.
Submitting a question
By submitting your question to smallbusiness.co.uk and in businessGO you agree that your question and its answer may be published in businessGO, on smallbusiness.co.uk and within other Vitesse Media Plc publications where relevant.
The answer to each question is of necessity general in its nature and may not apply to your particular query or problem as it must be seen in the context of your business. Vitesse Media Plc accepts no responsibility in the event of mistake, omission or misinterpretation and cannot be held liable for any loss suffered as a consequence of any response given on this website or any other Vitesse Media Group publication.
Vitesse Media plc, Octavia House, 50 Banner Street, London, EC1Y 8ST
Terms & Conditions relating to the Small Business Local Legends prize draw
The Small Business Local Legends 2009 prize draw is now closed. The winner is Potters Marinated Meats
1. The entry instructions form part of these rules. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules by participating in this prize draw. By entering into this prize draw and entering the competition, you agree that Vitesse Media plc may use your responses to improve smallbusiness.co.uk.
2. To participate in the prize draw, an entrant must enter a valid e-mail address at the time of entry. Only one (1) entry per person per prize draw is allowed. The closing time and date for entries is 30 July 2009.
3. No purchase is necessary for entry to the prize draw. Only one entry per customer will be entered into the prize draw.
4. Entry is open to all businesses registered and operating in the UK on the date of redemption of the prize and employees who enter the prize draw on behalf of the entrant must be aged 18 years and over on the date of redemption of the prize. All persons connected with the prize draw are excluded from entering the prize draw. No third party entries, bulk or multiple entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. Vitesse Media plc reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
5. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash, or any other goods/services. All prizes are non-transferable.
6. Vitesse Media plc accept no responsibility for the cancellation or delay in providing the prize.
7. All prizes are provided “as is”. Vitesse Media plc expressly disclaim any and all warranties, whether express or implied, relating to any of the prizes including any warranties as to merchantability or satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. The closing time and date for entry to this prize draw is 12:00 on 30 July 2009. Entries received by Vitesse Media plc after this date and time will not be entered into this prize draw.
9. The winner will be voted for by the readers of smallbusiness.co.uk. The prize winner(s) will be notified by e-mail by midnight on 30 September 2009.
10. If any prize remains unclaimed for a reasonable period after reasonable efforts have been made by Vitesse Media plc to contact the winner then Vitesse Media plc will be entitled to dispose of the prize as they see fit without any liability to the winner for having done so.
11. Vitesse Media plc reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value should the specified prize become unavailable for any reason.
12. Vitesse Media plc reserves the right to feature the winner names and details of the prize draw in any future promotional or publicity material whether on SmallBusiness.co.uk or businessGO.
13. Vitesse Media plc reserve the right to alter, amend or foreclose the prize draw without prior notice.
14. The decisions of Vitesse Media plc are final and legally binding on all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Vitesse Media plc has arranged this prize draw in good faith, but cannot accept any liability to the entrants or prize winners whatsoever.
16. The prize draw is governed by the laws of England and Wales and all entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.